WHOLE HOG: $1.85/LB HANGING WEIGHT PLUS PROCESSING FEES.
HALF HOG: $1.95/LB HANGING WEIGHT PLUS PROCESSING FEES
PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE LOCATED IN KANSAS. WE DO NOT SHIP PORK.
Have the peace of mind knowing your freezer is stocked with high quality local pork. Faye Farms hogs are rotationally grazed. What does that mean? They always have access to fresh pastures. No dirt lot pigs here! In addition to fresh pasture, our hogs are fed a diet of local grains as well as all of the excess milk from our dairy. No additional medications or hormones are given to our hogs.
SO THIS IS HOW THE PROCESS WORKS TO BUY A BUTCHER HOG FROM FAYE FARMS :
- Pick your butcher date (scroll down for dates) and place a $125 deposit for a whole hog or a $65 deposit for a half hog. We will deliver your hog to our processor, Walnut Valley Packing in El Dorado, Kansas.
- Once you have reserved your hog it is your responsibility to call WVP with your cutting instructions.
- Walnut Valley Packing's phone number is 316-321-3595.
- Instructions need to be called in BEFORE your scheduled butcher date. If instructions are not received by WVP they will go ahead and process your hog using their "standard cut".
- After processing you will be responsible for picking up your cuts of meat and paying WVP directly for the processing of your pig.
- After the pigs are processed I will get the hanging weight of your pig from WVP. I will then send you a final bill based on the hanging weight of the pig less the $125 or $65 deposit.
Here's some estimates to give you an idea of what your hog will cost and what you will be getting. We shoot for pigs that average 175-210 lbs. hanging weight. Here's a break down of cost to give you an idea what you will be spending on a whole or half hog. Please keep in mind that these are estimates. The numbers can vary due to the pig itself and also due to your cutting instructions. If you know the size of pig you prefer, please lets know, we have enough hogs on hand so we can usually accommodate preferences.
Whole Pig (210 lbs hanging weight)
210 lbs hanging weight x $1.85/lb = $388.50
210 lbs hanging weight x $1.25/lb processing = $262.50
Total Cost=$651 (Approximate lbs of packaged pork is 168 lbs.)
Half Pig (105 lbs hanging weight)
105 lbs hanging weight x $1.95/lb = $204.75
105 lbs hanging weight x $1.25 processing = $131.25
Total Cost = $336 (Approximate lbs of packaged pork is 84lbs)
- Processing costs- depending on cutting instructions, start at $1.25 per pound based off the hanging weight. Curing, seasoned sausage, and links add to processing costs.
- Freezer Space: A whole hog takes up approximately 9 cubic feet of freezer space. The inside of a milk crate is 1 cubic foot.
This is the form that Walnut Valley uses when taking your cutting instructions.
Too busy to make a trip to El Dorado? Not sure about filling out your own cut order? Want your freezer filled right now? We have uncured pork bundles available for immediate pick up. The bundle price includes processing. You will get 30 lbs of pork which would fit in a 12x12x10.5 inch box. This is the perfect amount of pork for the person who wants to buy in bulk but does not have a lot of freezer space. You will get 1 roast, and 4-5 packages each of pork chops, pork steaks, breakfast sausage, ground pork and fresh side. Also 1-2 packages of spare ribs. Bundles are available at the farm or delivery can be arranged (extra delivery fee may apply).
Too busy to make a trip to El Dorado? Not sure about filling out your own cut order? Want your freezer filled right now? We have a Cured Pork Bundle available for immediate pick up. The bundle price includes processing. Pick up is available at our farm or delivery can be arranged (extra delivery fee may apply). You will receive 30 lbs of packaged meat. Bundle includes: 1 ham, 1-2 packages spare ribs and 4-5 packages each of bacon, pork chops, ham steaks, breakfast sausage and ground pork. This bundle takes up the space of a 12x12x10.5 inch box.