WHOLE HOG: $2.00/LB HANGING WEIGHT PLUS PROCESSING FEES.
HALF HOG: $2.10/LB HANGING WEIGHT PLUS PROCESSING FEES
PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE LOCATED IN KANSAS. WE DO NOT SHIP PORK.
Have the peace of mind knowing your freezer is stocked with high quality local pork. Faye Farms hogs are rotationally grazed. What does that mean? They always have access to fresh pastures. No dirt lot pigs here! In addition to fresh pasture, our hogs are fed a diet of local grains as well as all of the excess milk from our dairy. No additional medications or hormones are given to our hogs.
SO THIS IS HOW THE PROCESS WORKS TO BUY A BUTCHER HOG FROM FAYE FARMS :
- Pick your butcher date (scroll down for dates) and place a $125 deposit for a whole hog or a $65 deposit for a half hog. If no dates are visible, or you would like to be informed of later butcher date, be sure get on our Butcher Hog Waiting list. Those on the list will be notified when we set our next butcher date.
- We will deliver your hog to our processor, Walnut Valley Packing in El Dorado, Kansas.
- Once you have reserved your hog it is your responsibility to call WVP with your cutting instructions.
- Walnut Valley Packing's phone number is 316-321-3595.
- Instructions need to be called in BEFORE your scheduled butcher date. If instructions are not received by WVP they will go ahead and process your hog using their "standard cut".
- After processing you will be responsible for picking up your cuts of meat and paying WVP directly for the processing of your pig.
- After the pigs are processed I will get the hanging weight of your pig from WVP. I will then send you a final bill based on the hanging weight of the pig less the $125 or $65 deposit.
This deposit reserves you 1/2 of a hog out of our next batch of hogs going in for processing. Our next processing date is set for June 27th.
Final payment will be billed after your hog is processed and a hanging weight is obtained from processor.
- Here's some estimates to give you an idea of what your hog will cost and what you will be getting. We shoot for pigs that average 250 lbs. live weight. When we bring in a group of hogs there is usually one a tad bit smaller than this and one that is a tad bit bigger than this.
225 lbs live weight = 157 lbs hanging weight = 126 lbs packaged meat = $314.00 whole hog or $164.85 half hog
250 lbs live weight = 175 lbs hanging weight = 140 lbs packaged meat = $350.00 whole hog or $183.75 half hog
300 lbs live weight = 210 lbs hanging weight = 168 lbs packaged meat = $420.00 whole hog or $220.50 half hog
- Processing costs- depending on cutting instructions, average out to $1.25 per pound based off the hanging weight.
- Freezer Space: A whole hog takes up approximately 9 cubic feet of freezer space. The inside of a milk crate is 1 cubic foot.
This is the form that Walnut Valley uses when taking your cutting instructions.
This informational pdf gives an idea of what happens during the conversion of a market animal into cut and packaged meat,
Too busy to make a trip to El Dorado? Not sure about filling out your own cut order? Want your freezer filled right now? We have a 1/4 hog bundle available for immediate pick up. The bundle price includes processing. You will get 30 lbs of pork which would fit in a 12x12x10.5 inch box. This is the perfect amount of pork for the person who wants to buy in bulk but does not have a lot of freezer space. You will get 1 roast, and 4-5 packages each of chops, steaks, cutlets, breakfast sausage, ground pork and fresh side. Boxes are available at the farm or can be delivered to farmers market.
Too busy to make a trip to El Dorado? Not sure about filling out your own cut order? Want your freezer filled right now? We have a 1/4 hog bundle available for immediate pick up. The bundle price includes processing. Pick up is available at the farm, The Old Town Farmers Market or the Derby Farmers Market. You will receive approximately 45 lbs of packaged meat. Bundle includes: 7 packages Bacon, 1 Ham, 3 ham steaks, 11 packages sage breakfast sausage, 6 packages pork chops (2 per pkg), 4 pork steaks, 1 sirloin roast, and 1 packages ribs.