WHOLE HOG: $1.50/LB HANGING WEIGHT PLUS PROCESSING FEES.
HALF HOG: $1.60/LB HANGING WEIGHT PLUS PROCESSING FEES
Experience the sweet tender meat of hogs raised on milk. In addition to milk they are fed a diet of local grains as well as alfalfa and grasses. No additional medications or hormones are given to these hogs.
Interested in a Faye Farms butcher hog? Get on our waiting list and we will email you when we have a group scheduled for processing. Hogs are $1.50/lb for a whole hog or $1.60/lb for a half hog based on hanging weight. Hanging weight is the weight of the animal after slaughter but before processing into the different cuts.
SO THIS IS HOW THE PROCESS WORKS ONCE WE SET A PROCESSING DATE AND CONTACT INTERESTED PERSONS:
- Once a butcher date is set we require a $125 deposit for a whole hog or a $65 deposit for a half hog. The deposit is due before the set butcher date.
- We will deliver your hog to our processor, Walnut Valley Packing in El Dorado.
- Once you have reserved your hog you will need to call WVP with your cutting instructions.
- After processing you will be responsible for picking up your cuts of meat and paying WVP directly for the processing of your pig.
- After the pigs are processed I will get the hanging weight of your pig from WVP. I will then send you a final bill based on the hanging weight of the pig less the $125 or $65 deposit.
Click on our contact page where you can send us an email if you have any questions or would like to put in a hog reservation.
- Here's some estimates to give you an idea of what your hog will cost and what you will be getting. We shoot for pigs that average 250 lbs. live weight. When we bring in a group of hogs there is usually one a tad bit smaller than this and one that is a tad bit bigger than this.
225 lbs live weight = 157 lbs hanging weight = 126 lbs packaged meat = $235.50 whole hog or $125.60 half hog
250 lbs live weight = 175 lbs hanging weight = 140 lbs packaged meat = $262.50 whole hog or $140.00 half hog
300 lbs live weight = 210 lbs hanging weight = 168 lbs packaged meat = $315.00 whole hog or $168.00 half hog
- Processing costs run around $165 depending on the size of your pig and your cutting instructions.
- Freezer Space: A whole hog takes up approximately 9 cubic feet of freezer space. The inside of a milk crate is 1 cubic foot.